Recorded - IT Roadmap Strategies 2008 - 2009: What IT Organizations Plan to Do in the Next 12-24 Months
Convergent Computing (CCO)
It's not just what we do, it's how we do it...
Recorded - "IT Roadmap Strategies 2008 - 2009: What IT Organizations Plan to Do in the Next 12-24 Months"
Original Event Date: November 19, 2008
Event Location: San Francisco Bay Area
In this free seminar, led by Rand Morimoto, author of dozens of bestselling books on a variety of technology and industry solution topics, Rand shared what organizations around the world are doing relative to their IT infrastructures.
Rand covered key topic areas such as:
* Real world strategies on lowering the cost of IT operations through IT best practices
* Where Microsoft Software as a Service (SaaS) fits in vs. Cloud Computing for organizations considering either outsourcing their applications and/or outsourcing datacenters while maintaining their applications, application management, and systems on “company-owned” systems
* Self-service IT, moving tasks to end users to minimize IT overhead on simple day to day processes
* Microsoft Services Management strategies, moving away from server management and shifting to services management
* Business Continuity, taking high availability and disaster recovery to the next level
* Best practices for integrating Policy and Process with technology, i.e., using policy-based roles to strengthen and simplify enterprise security
Rand also covered technology-specific strategies such as
* Strategies around Microsoft’s virtualization technology
* Microsoft Unified Communications and the reality of combining communication technologies into an integrated centralized platform (email, instant messaging, web conferencing, collaboration, etc)
* How organizations are selectively choosing to upgrade key servers to Win2008 where it makes sense
* How and when most organizations plan to roll out Windows Vista (or possibly wait for Windows 7?)
* Etc, etc, etc.